Last changed 2018-05-24
Particularly Important Information
Who we are:
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal data is EM Group ApS, Inkildevej 6A, 9210 Aalborg SØ, Denmark, and its subsidiaries.
Must Read Sections:
We draw your attention in particular to the sections entitled “International Data Transfer” and “Your Rights.”
Changes to this Policy:
We will post any modifications or changes to the Policy on our website. We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it frequently. The “Last Updated” legend above indicates when this Policy was last changed.
Purposes of Processing
What is personal data?
We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “Personal Data” is as defined in the UK Data Protection Act 1998/the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC/General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and any successor legislation, this includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
Why do we need your personal data?
We will only collect and/or process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws and will adhere to this Policy. We need certain Personal Data in order to provide you with access to our products, and may use your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy. If you created a profile/registered with us, you were asked to tick to agree to provide certain information in order to access our services or view our content. This consent provided us with the legal basis to process your Personal Data. As we explained at the point where your consent was provided, You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. There may also be instances where you have provided your information to purchase products. In such cases, EM Group has a legitimate business interest to process your Personal Data. If you do not agree to our use of your Personal Data in line with this Policy, please do not use our products.
Collecting Your Personal Data
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us.
Information We Get from Others.
- the personal data you provide to us may include information like name, postal address, email address, telephone number.
- the personal data you provide when you report a problem with our products or when we provide you with customer support.
- the personal data you provide when you make a purchase thorough our products.
- the personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
We may also get information about you from other sources, for example, if you have agreed to share information with one of our partners, content syndicators or other associated business partners.
Information Automatically Collected.
We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you use our products. For example, when using our products, identify an initial public IP address to identify where you are located, we log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to one of our products, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions while using our products. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the sections on cookies, and Pixel Tags below.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling.
We may use automated decision making and/or profiling in regard to your personal data for some services and products, We will need to identify if you are a customer or not, or messaging may change depending on your prior actions using our products. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automated decision that you are unhappy with or limit or object to such automated decision making and/or profiling by contacting us at email@example.com.
What Are Cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience using our products.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our products; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our products, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies We Use
Our products uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Essential Cookies | These cookies are essential to provide you with services available in our products and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our products and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies | These cookies allow our products to remember choices you make when you use our products, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our products which you can customize. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our products.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies | These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our products and how users use them. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our products, the websites that referred them to our products, the pages they visited while using our products, what time of day they used our products, whether they have used our products before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our products more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our products.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our products works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our products by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
- Targeted and advertising cookies | These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
- Social Media Cookies | These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our products or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to track the actions of users using our products. Unlike cookies, which are stored locally on your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the products, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
We may use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use our products. These companies may collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your usage of our products and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies' use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies.
In order to serve offers and advertisements that may interest you, we may display targeted advertisements in our products, or other digital properties or applications in conjunction with our content based on information provided to us by our users and information provided to us by third parties that they have independently collected. We do not provide personal data to advertisers when you interact with an advertisement.
Using Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our products, and services
- to evaluate your registration or application for our products and services
- to deliver the services You request, manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, newsletters, products, services, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out,” Please note, even if you-opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data as follows:
We may share some or all of your personal data with our affiliates, in which case we will require our affiliates to comply with this Policy. In particular, you may let us share personal data with our affiliates where you wish to receive marketing communications from them.
We may share personal data when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party.
We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies and/or other tracking methods. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data for our own purposes, including the ability to analyze usage patterns in order to make improvements to our products.
Third Party Sites
Our products may contain links to third party websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them. For example, we may link to social media pages through widgets in our products.
User Generated Content
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to our products. Please note that any information you post or disclose may become public information, and will be available to other users of our products and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, in our products. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published in our products.
International Data Transfer
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and our affiliates and other third parties outside the country in which you reside. By using our products, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
We will only retain your personal data as long reasonably required for you to our products unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
Our Policy on Children
Our products is not directed to children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of our products may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- You may request what access EM Group has about you at any time by contacting us directly.
- You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, legal purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
We are committed to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: email@example.com. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.